Jump to main column content

Saturday, July 09, 2005

No good deed


No good deed goes unpunished they say. I went to Columbia to update the gym computer at Rusk, the one they use for rehab. It had been broken for weeks when Linda and I were there, and eventually I installed Linux on it. A month ago I asked if they would like it updated, and the OT team leader said that would be great. So yesterday I took a hard drive down with a shiny new set of programs on it, ready to go. I figured I could have it updated in an hour and still get to lunch on time.

Last week, the work order for the broken computer (that was put in over a year ago) was finally filled. They apparently spent all day working on the computer. It has a brand new, working, installation of Windows on it. Well, I'm not going to reconfigure a perfectly working computer, even if it has lost its freeness, so I left it alone.

I took the opportunity to visit with the therapists. I got to have a really nice visit with Tori especially. Lyndsay wasn't working, but both Fred and Molly chatted for a bit.

I also went out to eat with a friend and galloped over to the mall. Since I had neither Linda nor Ellie with me, I had all the time I wanted to peruse the boring books at the bookstore. Luckily, they had none of the books I might have impulsively snatched up so I saved a little money.