Jump to main column content

Monday, June 13, 2005

The sisterhood


I went to the matinee showing of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I could mention that I was the only guy in the theater, but that would be misleading. I was the only person in the theater, so I could laugh as loud as I wanted. Linda chose not to go, because she did not want to cry at the sad parts, and there are some sad parts.

Linda knows, because she has read the book. In fact, if you buy the book at the store, you'll likely find a quote on the cover that Linda wrote. Surprised? She wrote the review of it for School Library Journal and the publisher quoted her on the second printing.

Program update



I'm still making slow progress on my program. I have stopped testing it so much vocally. Linda was going crazy with me saying phrases over and over and over with different inflections to see how the program responded. I'm very pleased with the quality of the output I am getting. It will be time to write a somewhat less crude program soon. I am waiting for an interlibrary loan book before I really dive into that.