Jump to main column content

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Not hungry


I took Ellie to the after hours clinic yesterday after she still had her fever and reported a sore throut. She let me look in to see a bunch of red and white spots; yuck. The clinic was OK, and definitely cheaper than a trip to the emergency room. I wasn't too sure about the nurse when she couldn't even use the scale and I had to weigh Ellie. But the doctor was pretty cool.

Ellie has some version of foot-and-mouth disease. It's a virus that causes blisters to form in your mouth (the white spots). It can also make a rash on you hands and feet. The virus was apparently the cause of her fever the past few days. The fever is down, but it will take some time for the blisters to heal.

Not surprisingly, she doesn't have much interest in eating or drinking. I'll probably regret it later, but I'm pretty much letting her eat anything that she'll tolerate, and it's mostly junk food. She is obviously still not feeling well, because rather than bug me to play, she asks to watch Little Bear videos over and over.