Jump to main column content

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Those darned insurance companies


I sent my first letter of the year off to our new insurance company. They seem to have no interest in paying for Linda's wheelchair (which despite allegations to the contrary from the old guys still has some paying to be done on it). And they seem to keep losing the paperwork that would justify processing the claim and paying.

So they got a letter. Not mean. I just pointed out which claims have been mishandled, explained that they should have two copies of the letters they need (according to the equipment people), and explained briefly why Linda's chair is still unambiguously necessary and should be paid for.

I'm expecting things to work out reasonably quickly. Once they do, that should finish off the price of the chair, so I'm looking forward to it.