Jump to main column content

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A good day


Today was a good day. I got a lot done, and I enjoyed myself too. It won't sound like sense, but I've been pretty stressed this summer. I've been pushing to much to get all of my projects done. Not having a formal job to show up for doesn't matter if you grind yourself into the ground willingly.

But today went well. I finished installing the new hard drive that came yesterday for the computer in my office. The process of copying all my files was a bit slow, so I let it run overnight. It was ready for the finishing touches when I got up this morning, and it's running great.

I took Linda to the dentist, which was traumatic for her but not for me. She said it reminded her of Rusk, especially early Rusk.

After the dentist, Linda was too tired to go out for lunch. I wanted to go for lunch, so I made Mac-n-cheese for her at home and went out by myself. I took the book I've been reading lately, Eragon, and read at the restaurant. I went to that new pizza place on the corner of the square. They have good taco pizza.

Then I took my car to have some recall work done and had it inspected. I waited there and read my book.

With my clean inspection in hand, I went back downtown and paid for my new tags. I registered for two years so I can save the hassle of doing it again next year.

There was still time before I needed to get Ellie, so I got a much-needed haircut. That is always bliss.

Even after that, I was still early. So I browsed at the movie store and brought home two things I thought Linda would like to see. It turns out that with Truman ID, the Movie Gallery has rent one get one free on Wednesdays. What luck.

I haven't been this relaxed in a month.