Jump to main column content

Monday, February 14, 2005

Things that make me tired


I was opening the mail this evening which contained an EOB (explanation of benefits) from our new insurance company. It didn't appear to be for any medical expense we had actually incurred. Then I saw the name of the provider: Apria Healthcare, Inc.

This is the name of the medical equipment company that screwed up their billing so badly that I ended up having to straighten it out with a collection agency, a collection agency that still owes me $65 because my account ended up being overpaid.

This is the name of the medical equipment company that received payments summing to the full purchase price of Linda's wheelchair last year from our previous insurance company. And as far as I can tell, they received it pretty promptly by insurance company standards.

They sent me a nice letter at the turn of the year thanking me for my business. I sent them a reply politely saying that I hope I never have to think of them again. I would prefer if they harass someone else.

So I find myself struggling to understand why I'm seeing wheelchair rental submitted to my new insurance company and applied to my deductible. This stuff makes me tired.