Jump to main column content

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Calmer weather


Ellie has been a human hurricane this weekend. She makes messes faster than I can clean them up. I had hoped to actually clean her bedroom this weekend, but I'm lucky to have been able to just straighten things up and not have it all backslide too much. Her room will have to wait until another time. Perhaps I can find a little time when she is at day care. That's an ideal time to clean.

She likes to hang around when I'm cleaning. Actually, she likes to hang on me when I'm cleaning; literally a little monkey on my back. That doesn't bother me too much most of the time. She's not too heavy yet, and she can't make a mess from up there. A few times she's been too clingy and I've had to tell her to go away and just not touch me for a while.

At least she went to bed well tonight. That's nice, and it doesn't happen that way every night.

Linda's parallel bars are supposed to come this week--she's excited. It's ending up costing an extra $40 to have them delivered to Truman at the truck dock on Science Hall (yes I know Science has a new name, but I don't want to take the chance of misspelling it, and you shouldn't name buildings after live people anyway). Still, if I don't have to drive to Quincy to pick it up, I think that is worth it.