Jump to main column content

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Cookie night


Ellie and I are making cookies tonight. Sugar cookies and chocolate chip. I'm no dope, so we're making them from store-bought dough. It's just easier that way, especially when you have help.

Linda worked hard in therapy today. I used the time to run errands which took longer than I expected. When I came back, she told me that she fell off the balance beam but that the fall was quite graceful, graceful for her at least. It sounded like the PT caught Linda and then Linda started laughing. That would really be enough to do her in. When Linda starts laughing, it's as likely as not that she'll collapse into a ball.

She's been really giggly lately. I have no idea why. I don't think she knows either. But as she says, "It's better than crying."

All of my friends seem to have caught "the cold" from their children. At least I hope it's the cold. I'd like to think I have my immunity now and not that I'm going to get another one.