Jump to main column content

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Thursday


Ahh, Thursday. One more day to the weekend. Don has a cold. So does Ellie. Who gave it to whom? Unknown. She went to bed well tonight which made me happy. I wasn't up for a battle.

Linda's tired too. Another hour of PT this morning. I went to the grocery store (without Ellie). When I came back, Linda was walking up the hall with a single 4-point cane. Interestingly, she is a bit slower but has a better gait with the 4-point than with her two single-point canes. They let her have it to borrow over the weekend for practice.

In some ways the 4-point is easier to work with. Because it sets flat on the ground you get faster feedback through your hand about how your balance is changing. That's why she walks a bit better with it.

Linda is tired tonight, so she has mostly gone back to her familiar canes. She did practice some earlier, and I expect she will over the next few days as well. Mostly I think she's just taking it easy. The long workouts make her left knee hurt. When she gets fatigued, she locks the left knee so it doesn't buckle. Doing that over and over makes the joint hurt. It's something that she has worked on since she was at Rusk even, so it'll take a while to defeat.

Fun bleeds into work


My work on Linda's DVDs has turned into work, in a good way. I was mentioning to my colleagues that you could grab custom clips and write a custom menu for them. It would mean easy use of video clips in class. No cueing ahead of time, and being able to watch the same clip a second time without rewinding to an index. I may have created a monster.

And it may technically be illegal (in some cases). Is that cool or what? Well, maybe not cool. Maybe the law sucks.

Maybe people ought to do more noble, illegal things.