Jump to main column content

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

No title


It's vacation, so I feel like I don't have to think of a title today. Actually, I'm starting to feel like Calvin. You know vacation is nearing its end, so you can't really enjoy what's left. I suppose part of that is because I'm starting to plan my classes for next semester, so actually I'm working already.

Linda mentioned that we haven't seen the therapists at Rusk for quite a while, so we're going to go down tomorrow. I remind myself that we couldn't do that so spontaneously if we weren't on vacation. Today Linda was practicing her spitting in the car, so she can spit for Fred. It's pretty funny. When she does it well, she starts laughing and then she can't do it at all. I almost called this entry "Stupid Human Tricks" in honor of the effort.

Otherwise, things are quiet. We did decide to go to Violette yesterday and practice walking, since we haven't been to therapy in about 2 weeks. Linda's posture has been a bit sloppy, so I, ahem, prodded her to do better. It's not fair, but I can be a lot meaner than Linda's actual therapist and somehow it isn't mean.

I made Linda do punches and blocks this morning when her OT was late. We also played patty-cake. Just about anything can be therapy really. We got her all warmed up, then her OT really gave her a session since the PT was sick and we didn't have to hurry. He really challenged her.

One exercise was screwing and removing bolts up on a wall. This worked on fine motor in combination with endurance and balance. Then he had her lift a bar weight up in a frame. The idea was to work on some of that strength she would need to pick up Ellie.