Jump to main column content

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I'm Always doing PT, It Seems

I lock my left knee all the time whenever I take a step... So, I've been working on not locking that knee when I walk. That means that I have to tighten my left knee muscles before and during every step I take. I 'walk the right way' about 80% of the time now (corners and going backwards are still too hard to 'walk the right way,' so I still walk wrong whenever I come to a corner or have to walk backwards). However, the amount of concentration necessary to 'walk the right way' is enormous... I'm so tired right now that it's a wonder I can walk at all...


A Good Ellie Story

I found a worm (a big, huge, juicy worm) on the floor by the back door the other day. Instead of killing it (who wants bugs in their house, after all?)(besides, squishing it would have done nothing but make a huge mess that I would then just have had to clean up), I decided it would be easier all around to capture this worm in the bug jar that Ellie keeps around for her bug collection... (She loves bugs) So, I caught the worm in the bug jar that has a lid with air holes already poked into it, so I didn't have to do much of anything but put the worm far away from me. (I'm not fond of worms... as to why I'm not fond of worms... that's another story for another day.) When Ellie got home from school that night, she was thrilled with her new 'caterpillar.' When my sister came for a visit later that evening, she told Ellie that the 'caterpillar' needed some grass to eat so that it wouldn't go hungry.

My Sister: Hey, Ellie, what kind of grass do caterpillars eat?

Ellie: Green.