Jump to main column content

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Linda is sick and tired of waiting to read new posts, so she is taking over

Okay, since I stay at home all day, and have more time, and am... well... the better speller (please don't crucify me if you see a spelling mistake... Most of my mistakes are typos, not spelling mistakes, but they LOOK like spelling mistakes... oh, you get the picture), I decided that I should stop complaining, and take over writing for the blog. I may still not know what's going on (hey, Linda, Don doesn't tell me anthing, either, so don't feel bad... We can start a club of uninformed people or something), but at least I know a few things.
For example, I know that we are not going to therapy right now while Don and the Insurance Company fight it out over my bills for Physical therapy... The Insurance Company is saying that I should have a limit of 24 visits, while Don is saying that I should have unlimited visits... Now, I ask you, if I don't qualify for unlimited PT, who does? But the Insurance Company insists that we pay ourselves for any PT I receive, and as a PT visit is a little over $200.00 every time I go to therapy, we decided that I'll stay home until we get things straightened out with the Insurance Company. We can probably do more therapy on our own, anyway, as we will have more time to do therapy ourselves (no time spent on driving, or on waiting around this way), so it's home for me for... well, until they all figure out what's going on. That could potentially take a long time, so here I sit. I sit at my computer all the time anyway, so not much will change.
What did I do today? I got up at 5:00 a.m. (Don snores) and started writing on one of my stories, and finally came up for air at 2:00 in the afternoon. The story was finished, and my stomach was making a horrible grumbling sound, as I had forgotten to eat lunch, once again. I used to wonder in the past how this could happen to Don , but I now understand the way he often forgets to eat. I can't laugh at him for forgetting, as I'm just as forgetful as he is.
I'm sort of taking a break from practicing therapy all the time, and it's beginning to show. I did try to sing today to some of my CDs that I played in my computer. It's a good thing no one was around to hear me, as I sounded awful. But I will admit that I can now sing a lot higher than I used to be able to. However, awful is still awful. If I wanted to hear what a sick cow sounds like, I would go to the vet's office. As it is, I just won't sing if anyone can hear me. That's a nice compromise.
Other than that, nothing much is going on, and the only thing I can think of to rant about (well, actually, I can think of a lot of things) is how frustrated I get when I try to convince the computer to do anything. I can't even sign on to any of the secure websites out there. In fact, those 'secure' sites are just a pain in the... fill in the blank... and I leave them the minute I realize that I have to sign in in order to use the site. That's why my web page is completely open to the public. At least no one can say that he or she can't use my site whenever they want. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks the same way I do. But at least, that's one thing that Don and I can agree on when it comes to technology. (That's just about the only thing we agree on, though.)