Jump to main column content

Thursday, August 31, 2006

I've been informed of all the formatting mistakes I made yesterday, and hopefuly have everything fixed now, at least, fixed in my head. So... on with the show!

Thursday, Aug 31, 2006

Carpet


Have you ever thought about how good your carpet feels when you're walking on it in bare feet? I hadm't been barefoot since the stroke, so I didn't know anything about the carpet in our house. But now, I walk to the restroom every night, and, among being half asleep, I get to feel the carpet on my feet all the time, now. The carpet in our house is very luxurious and quite squishy. On any regular day, it's so squishy that it's hard for me to walk on it. But at night, I have to say that it's quite a thing to feel it against my bare feet. I would never have chosen this carpet myself... it was already in this house when we decided on buying... but I appreciate it more, maybe, because of that, I think. It makes me rather jealous of people who are able to walk with their shoes off all the time (walking barefoot is about twice as hard as walking while wearing good tennis shoes). It's so nice that part of me is sad that I need to go back to sleep when I do get back to bed. But I'm so much slower at barefoot walking than I am at walking with my shoes on that there's not much point in taking my shoes off during the day except to fold clothes, or play games with Ellie... things that you have to do on the floor. But I have to say, I really like our carpet then... So, here's to the floor!

Don and I walked around the house today, since I'm not going to therapy right now. It went pretty well, and Don makes a rather demanding therapist... Fred, my first therapist, would be proud of him. Don made me walk all over the place, and then we did some exercises in my parallel bars to work on not locking me knee all the time. He wore me out so baddly that I had to sit on the floor and rest! I'm still feeling tired and worn out. Ugh! Don makes too good of a therapist, I think. Maybe it's his second calling after math professor/computer administrator... Poor me!