Jump to main column content

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Update

I tried to update last night, but then hit the wrong key on the keyboard and erased my entire entry, and then was so disgusted that I played Don's computer game that he wrote called 'Mahjonng' to help me calm down again... Otherwise, I might have hurt my computer, and it's hardly the computer's fault that I hit the wrong key so often. However, I have to wonder what on Earth some computer programers were thinking when they designed their programs a certain way. My email program is written the same way... a keystroke will erase everything... so the fact that I have literally spent hours writing a letter only to hit the wrong thing once and have the letter disappear is highly aggravating when the same thing happens in another program. But what can I do, except learn a new program? Again Ugh! Sometimes, I wonder if technology is really worth the pain and agony it causes! (Then how, I wonder, could I possibly have married a computer programmer? Life is full of surprises, I guess!)

Speaking of surprises, we actually hired a babysitter and went out last night. We were invited to a meeting where local and not so local politicians wanted to talk about what they all planned to do for handicapped people if they were elected. There was a lot of talk about Medicare and Medicaid, and playing the system, and lots of statatistics were thrown around... but, really, the thing that most affects my daily life is not drug plans or money or new programs... Not that those aren't important issues, certainly, but they don't affect me personally... No, the most important thing for me is something so simple, so basic, and therefore, so ignored,... it's almost embarrassing to admit that simply being able to go to the bathroom in a public place is far more imprtant than any new programs... To the point that I don't go out in public very often anymore... It's just not worth it. But, then, no one asked me what I think... But I figured that I can hardly complain about this state of mine if I didn't go listen to what they all have to say... We left in the middle of the program, as I needed to use the facilities, but the facilities... We just went home early. I played Mahjonng instead, and ate chocolate chip cookies that the babysitter made with Ellie. A much more enjoyable way to spend the evening...

I have an ingrown toenail that is infected. This is not really a big deal, but I've noticed that it hurts so bad so often that it is affecting my walking, such as it is. So, I have an appointment to go to the doctor this afternoon... I don't plan to go to the ER, which should make some politicians happy... but I just want to get rid of this infection once and for all. Oh, and I also got a new pair of tennis shoes last week... Not that I can enjoy them, as this toe of mine hurts so much... Sometimes, life is just full of clouds, and it's better to eat cookies than to dwell on your aches and pains too much. Besides, the cookies will taste better, and who can turn down chocolate?