Jump to main column content

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

The Truman speech clinic


We had our first session at the Truman speech clinic today. It went very well. Linda's student therapist is Sarah, and the two of them seemed to fit well right away. Most of the session I watched from behind the one-way mirror which will be the general rule for me. That's fine. I'll probably need to work on grading and such during that time anyway.

Linda had another small first today. Today was the first time that she got into the car "normally." By normal I mean that she put one foot in, sat down, and put the second foot in. Up to this point, she always had to sit down first and then pivot around. She said the regular way is harder, but she intends to keep doing it anyway.

Speaking of the car. I have cleaned the garage sufficiently that I can park my car in it again. Yay.