Jump to main column content

Monday, March 19, 2007

Cool things to do with Dad


I was going to mention this before. Last Tuesday, I took Ellie outside to see an Iridium flare. This is when one of the Iridium satellites catches the sun and reflects it brightly. You can actually see these during the day, although we went out a bit after dark. I told Ellie we were going to see a "space ship" and told her it would look like a star.

We went out a few minutes before and started looking north. It was a really bright one, and lasted about 10 seconds. I have no idea if she was impressed or not. I've been meaning to take her out to see the International Space Station, but every time I check it is going over at 6am or something.

You too can watch space ships fly over. Check the schedule at www.heavens-above.com.