Jump to main column content

Monday, March 19, 2007

Don's mini-revolution in dental hygiene


Ellie and I were brushing our teeth tonight, and she mentioned that it isn't fair that I'm tall enough to see in the mirror when she can't. I didn't want to get her footstool because she has a habit of leaving it in Linda's way. So I offered to brush my teeth with my eyes closed.

Your dentist can tell you that everyone has certain places that they tend to go light with the toothbrush. In fact, your dentist can probably tell if you're right- or left-handed from where you get plaque. I think I may keep brushing my teeth with my eyes closed, because I immediately noticed where I wasn't giving proper attention.

You'll have to try it and see if you think you brush your teeth better with your eyes closed. I checked Google to see if this is just one of those things that everyone knows, but nothing obvious popped up.