Jump to main column content

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Road trip


Ellie had a sleepover with a friend last night so I could be driver for a student road trip to Columbia, Mo. We had dinner (my first time at Chipotle) then made our way to Cherry Street Artisan to watch a bellydance troupe give a performance. Some of the dancing was really great, some of it was down right weird, but mostly it was fun.

Ellie had a great time at her sleepover, and naturally there were tears when she had to come home. But she seems to have recovered and is contentedly engaged in a movie now.

Anniversary time


Yes, Wednesday the 7th was the three-year anniversary of Linda's stroke. But we prefer to remember that tomorrow is the 18th anniversary of our first date. That makes me think to calculate: in about 4 months, I'll have been dating Linda more of my life than I haven't been dating her. (Hint, you can estimate my age from this information). I think we're going to go out for lunch.