Jump to main column content

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ellie, child prodigy


Ellie informed me a few days ago that she can burp whenever she wants to. She was happy to demonstrate in case I was skeptical. That clinches it. She's smart. I didn't learn how to do that until I was 7 years old, I had to ask people what caused burps first, and it turned out to be a particular skill of mine. She's got me beat by 2 years without help.

Ellie, geek


Ellie has been asking to use the computer lately. Linda suggested that I dig out an old mostly-broken laptop and let her type on it, so that's what I did. Last night, Ellie was clicking away when she discovered that the Enter key brings the cursor back to the left of the screen. She said, "Wow, that key let's me get my work done MUCH faster."

Indeed.

When it was time for bed, she was in earnest. "Wait Dad. I just have to send Gracy two more emails."