Jump to main column content

Friday, February 16, 2007

Is it vanity


At Hy Vee today they were obvious trying to clear one kind of hair conditioner off the shelf because it was discounted and all of the bottles around it were the same higher price. I looked at it, and it said that it accents blond highlights. So I bought it for Ellie. Is it vanity to buy something like that if it isn't really for yourself? I don't personally use conditioner since I discovered I'm allergic to some shampoos--better just avoided.

Missed opportunity


One of my friends said I always talk about my money successes but never mention my mistakes. I discovered when computing my tax return (and I do get a return) that with a bit of planning last year, and at no real inconvenience to myself, I could have boosted my return by $1000.

And I don't mean the kind of money that comes from IRA contributions (there you just reduce your tax now only to pay it later). I mean $1000 real dollars; just less tax paid. Ahh well. I'm prepared for next year.

Happy Valentine's Day


I don't believe in Valentine's day. But I bought some candy on sale today. I believe in candy.