Jump to main column content

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Russion nesting dolls


This morning was a bit of a struggle. I locked my keys in my car about 30 minutes before class. I was already at work, and I had all my papers and notes with me, so I just walked to my office. I borrowed the master key to get into my office and started making arrangements to work everything out.

Thursdays are a pretty tight schedule for me, but, in the end, a colleague said he could take me back to my house (after class) to get Linda's set of car keys. Then I walked down to class and inadvertantly locked the master key in my office. I realized right away and let the secretary know that I could get it in an hour or two (or she could get yet another key to open my office if they needed it sooner).

On the way home, it occurred to me that I didn't actually have a key to the house. So if Linda decided not to let me in, I'd have to go to the neighbor's house to get my house key to get my car key to get my office key to get the master key.

She was surprised to see me, but she let me in.