Jump to main column content

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Bumps and bruises


Every day I get Ellie after pre-school, and she has new scrapes and cuts. Today she scraped her forearm. I asked her how she got it, and she said, Going down the slide forward. She pantomimed going down hands first on her stomache. I kind of laughed at that, and said that I bet it hurt enough to cry.

The supervisors confirmed that she cried for 35 minutes, I want my daddy. The thing that really made things bad, though, was that after going down the wrong way and getting hurt doing it she got her first time-out for the stunt. Her first one a pre-school. Funny thing is, she still wants to try it again. I'm not sure that kind of determination is really good for you.

Cranky lady


Linda is cranky today, but, really, I'm the ultimate cause of it. I stayed up late researching some things on the computer. Unfortunately Linda woke up when I came to bed and then slept fitfully after that. So she got up early and has been tired all day long.

She'll be going to be soon, and I think I'll join her. We could both use a bit more sleep.

Wheelchair news


I got a phone call from the woman I coordinate with at the medical equipment company. She confirmed that the wheelchair is now fully paid out. That is actually a bit inaccurate. They managed to get both my insurance from last year and my insurance from to pay most of the purchase price. So far, I've counted $2048 paid to her $1586 balance and there are a few payments coming yet.

She told me that we still owe January wheelchair rent that was applied to our deductible. Technically that is correct, but morally I feel like they've collected more than a fair sum already. Still I don't see any reasonable way out. The chair was not overpaid in January when the sum was due. It only became overpaid after later payments.

It will be worth a payment just to get the account closed and keep the collectors from becoming involved. Still I think I'm going to call and ask for a discount. It can't hurt.