Jump to main column content

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Is the week over yet?


What a week. I've been sick all week, undoubtedly with something I got from my students. Linda caught it from me, but Ellie hasn't been sick at all yet. That's not the usual pattern in our family. Usually Ellie brings things home for me.

There has been lots of extra running around for pre-school. So today I asked about the after school program. Ellie has been frustrated that she has to come home right away after school when the other kid are still playing, and it is very reasonably priced, so Ellie is going to start that next week. It's great for me too because it will mean about 8 more hours a week to work or do errands.

I still plan to switch to all-day when Ellie has a few more friends.

The piano tuner came on Wednesday. When he left he said, Now instead of sounding like a piano that hasn't been tuned in 20 years, your piano sounds like it hasn't been tuned for 1 year. That seems to describe it pretty well. He said the tuning should hold for 4-6 months, but we have to expect to tune it again since it has been so long.

Day care has been closed since Wednesday. Linda's day care provider has a baby in the hospital. So Ellie has been hanging out with me a lot. I asked a student to watch her during my morning class today. Added to everything else, not having day care has me going crazy. It's been insane trying to get everything done, and I've already forgotten two appointments.

I got someone to watch Ellie tomorrow for several hours, so things should hopefully be a bit smoother.

I'll be glad to have the week over, and to get over this stupid cold.