Jump to main column content

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Messages for Don


When Linda told me she wanted to take some time off, we noted that she would still be doing her arm weights and using her parallel bars. She still works on her speech too. I told her, "I think you should start answering the phone."

Yesterday she answered the phone for the first time. It was apparently our insurance company. The irony could kill you. I never found out what the wanted. Linda told me they were very uncomfortable talking to her and asked her to have her husband call back. I called today, but there's no record (in the computer) of yesterday's call. I also called our old insurance--same. So I don't actually know who called. I figure if it is important, they'll call again.

Since I had the tape recorder going, I also called the wheelchair folks and asked them why I am still getting bills for rental when my insurance says they've met the purchase price. They looked Linda's account up in the computer and told me it is still entered as a rental. I said, "Surely there's a way to get it converted..." Her office couldn't do that, but she said she would call the office that could and I would hear back today.

I didn't, but she gave me the 800 number of the office that has the power to make things right, so I'll know who I have to call to follow up. It seems amazing, but this might actually get resolved.