Jump to main column content

Sunday, March 27, 2005

The update


On Friday, I (Don) swam 3/4 mile in the Truman pool over lunch. That's my farthest distance, which I have done on a few other occasions. I had been kind of working up to it this semester, swimming on Fridays. It took me 35 minutes, which is a respectable amount of time for the distance, but not particularly fast. My goal is to work up to a mile now.

I felt delightfully relaxed at the end, and I was really up for my 1:30 Calc III class. They noticed the energy and we had a great class When class ended at 2:20pm, I wilted. I took it easy for the rest of the day and drank lots of water. Ironicly, I get pretty dehydrated in the pool.

Saturday, Linda's family converged on our house for Easter. My responsibilies were to bake bread and have enough tables to seat everyone. They did everything else. Luckily the house was pretty clean from out tea party 2 weeks ago, so I didn't have to do a lot in that way.

Of course, Ellie and I tracked mud in from the Truman Easter egg hunt, but no one noticed but me. The hunt was cold, as it often is, but I think Ellie had a pretty good time. It wiped me out, since I was catching something of a cold. My cold really bothered me yesterday morning, but except for some sniffles that drag on, the worst of it was pretty short-lived (I hope).

This morning we are meeting for breakfast out before everyone leaves. I have to get Ellie up soon, or we'll be late. We might be anyway. She's pretty tuckered from yesterday. There was a lot of running around and playing. Her eyes were drooping from about 4pm until 9pm when things broke up and I finally put her to bed.