Jump to main column content

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Tea party success


We had a lot of people for the tea party. It's nice that the house borders on a hay field so there was easy parking. People came and went all afternoon.

Linda held up great. It was 4 hours of straight socializing for her. Her speech therapists would be very pleased. Unlike at some other parties, where I have notice Linda hang back and watch, she actually talked to people the whole time. I asked her how she thought it went and she said it went really well. When I asked if people could understand her she said, Yes, I yelled a lot. Boy is she tired.

We have more food after the party than we had before it began, and I cooked a lot to get ready. I'll probably have to freeze some and bring it to work after the midterm break. You can give anything away at work.

It was great seeing everyone. Linda especially thought so since she doesn't get out to see folks quite as much as I do. But it's also nice to have the quiet. Ellie wanted to watch a movie, so we gave her run of the TV for a bit and retreated to the back of the house to not talk.