Jump to main column content

Friday, March 04, 2005

Friday update


Linda seems to be enjoying her week off. She's still been practicing at home some each day. When I saw her practicing yesterday, she was using her parallel bars. She does walking forward, backward, and with bare feet. She gets down on the floor and then gets up again a few of times. I noticed that she seems to be particularly improved at that.

I had some kind of bug last night, which seemed to come on when my calculus class ended yesterday, although I was feeling tired even before that. Mostly it was fever and fatigue, so I just tried to take things easy. I'm still a bit tired this morning, but I am definitely improved.

I'm still trying to get my 2004 insurance things resolved. I've not gotten my check from the collection agency, and I intend to call them after I buy more microcassettes for my tape recorder. I t looks like I'll have to start with verbal threats (promises?) and escalate to written ones.

Last night, I wrote a letter for the insurance company to follow up on my call two weeks ago about Linda's wheelchair. I've just barely waited the amount of time they suggested that it would take (7-10 business days), but it just seems better to have a written appeal sent. That's especially true since the first mistakes appeared in October, and I don't want six months to pass on that. I'm also just not that eager to wait on hold forever to find out what is going on which is what happens when you call.

If I write to them, they'll have to write to me and I won't have to wait on hold.