Jump to main column content

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Off to see the wizard


Linda has a checkup in Columbia tomorrow. I've got my classes covered, we printed a copy of Linda's book about her stroke for the therapists to look at. I've got some FreeCDs (I always like to spread the cause).

Linda's PT said she thinks Dr. R will be pleased with the progress Linda has made. I expect he will be. Linda herself is a bit frustrated not to be doing better, especially of late. It does get exasperating having so many things be hard all of the time.

Hooky from therapy


Linda was too tired to go to therapy today. That seems to be happening more of recent, although, with little bugs going around Linda is the only tired person skipping appointments. Part of it seems to be one of her medications which really knocks her out. I sort of refer to the effect as the doldrums, and I can always spot it. Linda's eyes get a bit droopy and her speech get slurry in a particular way.

Unfortunately it often comes right about the same time as therapy (which was moved to the morning this semester to accommodate everyone's schedule). This morning she was so tired it made her cry, so I called and cancelled. After a nap, she was a bit better and in the end had a pretty ordinary day.

Hopefully, getting Linda's medication adjusted and cutting her PT sessions back to 30 minutes (which happens when the new schedule comes out) will help with her daily endurance.