Jump to main column content

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Domestic update


In church on Sunday, during a nice quiet pause, Ellie piped up, I love my mommy and daddy. I think it's nice that she listed Linda first. Linda said that she doesn't believe it because Ellie is always being mean to her, but I told her that Ellie is something of a brat with everyone, she's 3½. If I thought being mean meant she didn't like me I'd really have to worry.

Actually, Ellie has been generally good of late. She's been distracted because I have been tormenting her. I took away her pull-ups this weekend, and, oh, did she wail. It's been clear for some time that Ellie knows how to use the bathroom, but she really wants the security of her pull-ups.

She does fine, and even thinks it's fun. After crying all day Saturday, she informed me on Sunday morning that she took herself to the bathroom (probably good since I forget to remind her). I peed, I heard it. She'll go (by herself) every 15 minutes, just for practice. Well, not just for practice. There's something of the usual mess-making incentive. I thought I was going to have to auger toilet paper out of the toilet last night to get it running again.

It's all fun until she has an accident, and then she wails for her pull-ups again. She absolutely screamed when I made her wear underpants to day care yesterday. But when I picked her up at 5pm, she still had the same purple jeans on. I was a bit surprised. No accidents and no fussing.

What a twerp.

Therapy update


Linda had a good speech therapy session yesterday. It's the first time in some time that she has said that. Today is the first time for her other therapies since they were moved back to afternoons. She won't have PT because it wouldn't fit in the schedule, but that will pick up on Thursday.