Jump to main column content

Monday, March 21, 2005

All done with the old insurance


I got a revised EOB today about Linda's wheelchair from last year's insurance company. It listed a payment to the medical equipment company for the amount remaining against the purchase price of the chair. That was our last pending claim with the old insurance company. Barring any newly discovered errors, it would seem that things are finally finished with them.

I'm happy, but not as happy as I thought I would be. They were never easy to work with, so I'm glad I don't have to any more. But I knew I could keep the medical equipment people at bay while the accounts were being worked on, and they don't seem to be all that reasonable a group either. They were the one's who screwed up all of our billing and sent us to a collection agency.

Still, it's nice to sort of close the books on 2004 at least.

In other news, I got my first letter from the new insurance company (other than EOBs that is). They are requesting documentation from the therapists I believe. It looks like standard stuff (and I saw plenty of letters like it last year), but it feels very ironic to have gotten it today just as all of the old claims were resolved. It feels like all of the insurance people passed the baton in some kind of relay race of oppression.