Jump to main column content

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Is that a light?


I got a letter from the (old) insurance company today. I had called them about Linda's wheelchair and followed up in writing. I had calculated that they had paid only $788.95 towards the purchase price of $986. The telephone representative calculated that they had actually paid only $707.67.

Well, after careful consideration, the Benefit Committee has determined that they actually paid only $635.45 and they will reconsider additional benefits up to the remaining $350.55. I'll have to sit down with a calculator and see if I can figure out how they got that number. They didn't provide any details about the breakdown.

This is the very last unresolved bill from 2004, so I am glad to see it finally getting close to resolved. I have to admit, I am really starting to hate seeing letters from Epoch. I get all hyper and jittery just seeing the envelope in the mailbox. Maybe I just ate too many cookies after supper.