Jump to main column content

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Free cat


Ellie hardly coughed at all last night. Yesterday I washed all of her bedding and closed the bedroom door to keep out the cats. And to think, I thought she had bronchitis. I, on the other hand, am up at 6am because my head wants to burst. Maybe I need to run my own bedding through the laundry.

I was talking to Linda the other night, and I mentioned that my allergies are really bad right now. She said, "Oh great. That means you'll snore all night." Five minutes later, she suggested that we give away Mira. I guess the prospect of 15 years of interrupted sleep pushed her to it in a way that seeing her loved one suffer could never.

So, we have a friendly, sterile cat who has had her rabies vaccination. Just let me know and she's yours.

Now I just have to wait for Kate to die, then I can get all the carpets and furniture cleaned. Until then, I'm just glad that I feel better at work. Today I definitely want to leave home early if I can get Ellie up.