Jump to main column content

Sunday, April 03, 2005

I'm a poor blogger


It seems I am being a poor blogger lately. Not an update for nearly a week! Well, what can I say? Linda works hard at her therapies still. The work becomes harder and harder as you go, as your goals progress. I'm not able to see it as much lately because all of her therapy is scheduled while I am in class now. It pretty much will be till the end of semester now.

Linda has a new quad cane. It's pretty much the same as her other one, except she was borrowing the one she was using. I ordered the new cane on Thursday and picked it up on Friday. There really isn't much to say about it, since it is very similar to her old cane. I told her, But this cane is magic, because this one is yours. So much of everything is perception, I thought that putting the idea into her head that it was magic would do some subtle good even though the notion is downright silly.

So many things are like that. My favorite long staff for doing martial arts work is mine (and it really was made for me). Really, a staff is just a long stick--any broom handle would pretty much do--but knowing that my staff is mine makes it feel different. Like magic.