Jump to main column content

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Too cute not to share


We took Ellie out to eat last night. It was just a spontaneous thing. End of the week, a fresh paycheck, that kind of thing. If we had planned ahead, I would have hired a sitter. But Ellie was pretty good, if you allow for her introducing herself to every person in Il Spazio.

Interestingly, there was one waitress there that Ellie completely attached herself to. It was unlike any other stranger. She had been like that only one other time, in Pizza Hut a month or two ago with some college student who was there with her boyfriend.

I said to Ellie, "Is this your friend?"

Then the waitress said, "Is this my friend from Pizza Hut?" I about fell over. It was the same girl. I suppose Ellie remembered. I had no idea.

The cute moment


When we came home, there was lightning in the west, so we decided to sit out on the porch and watch the storm come in. I went into the house to turn off lights so it would be nice and dark. When I came out, Ellie was snuggling on Linda's lap in the rocker. Ellie professed bravery, but Linda said she was afraid of the lightning.

While we were watching, Ellie prompted Linda. "Rock. No, rock bigger." So Linda rocked the rocker. Then Ellie said, "Say 'Rock-a-bye Baby'". Linda was doomed to rock and sing over and over. OT and ST, and probably a bit of PT all in one setting. Don't kid yourself, she loved it, even if her singing is dreadful.