Jump to main column content

Friday, October 22, 2004

Ellie's new best friend


Linda is stiff today. Her lower back has hurt for the past few days, but it is really wearing her down today. She finally got so tired of it this evening that she started crying. I was helping her to the floor to rub her back when it happened.

Ellie was right there, and she immediately came to help. I told her to give Mom a kiss, and she did, "I kiss it and make it all better." That made Linda laugh right in the middle of her crying. I told Ellie it might take more than one kiss.

After a bit, Ellie sat down and laid her hand on Linda's forehead. "My hand make you feel better?" Linda said it did, so she left it there. Somewhere during this whole process, Ellie burst out, "You're my best friend!" That was so unexpected that Linda really did start laughing.

After a few minutes, Linda was fine. I stretched her legs carefully and she seems to be feeling better now. I'll stretch her again when we go to bed. Hopefully tomorrow she'll feel a lot better.