Jump to main column content

Monday, October 04, 2004

More of the same


Linda is a freak.

I am giving a night exam tonight. Linda hates it when I give night exams since she has to go all day and doesn't get to see me. So I promised her that I would hurry home and take her out for coffee between all of my things today. It wouldn't be a lot, but it would be a bit of time for us to spend together.

You're wondering what this has to do with Linda being a freak. And thinking maybe Don's anti-depressant is wearing off. Why does he keep saying that?

When I arrived home, all excited to go out (even for a short time), I found Linda in the livingroom crying. As always, I asked her first if she was hurt or fell or whatever. Not that. She wasn't hurt or scared.

She's tired of being a freak (her words).

Well you can't talk a person out of an idea like that. I did manage to get her to stop crying, a small miracle. And I did take her to the coffee shop. I had to skip a committee meeting--I'm probably the chairperson now. Linda was very brave. She wanted to cry the whole time and she didn't.

It doesn't matter how far you have come. When things are gone that you used to have, you want them back.