Jump to main column content

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Sorry, I don't have a title for today.

Linda cried this afternoon over the way Ellie treats her, or rather the way Ellie ignores her. Well that was part of it. She was also folding clothes and everything was turned inside out. The frustration at that was overwhelming.

I had water in my yard again. Since I just paid to have a plumber out last week, I figured I could call for some free advice, even on Sunday. We talked about what the problem was likely to be. Then I went out to work on it. I'm getting a bit tired of sticking my arm in sewer water up to the shoulder, but I think I've really got it this time. I pulled a 4-inch wad of saturated toilet paper out and suddenly there was this great sucking sound. Then everything drained right down.

I stuck a garden hose in the sewer pipe and flushed it out carefully where the block was, so there's hope that things are finally cleared out for good.