Jump to main column content

Sunday, September 26, 2004

What a workout


Linda did weights again on Friday. It was quite a workout. We had planned to go out for dinner afterward to sort of celebrate our last day free from Ellie. Linda was so tired that she made me take her home and call for carry-out instead. That was fun too.

Like anyone after a good workout, Linda has been a bit stiff. She was particularly stiff yesterday, but she tells me that today she is normal again. For me, the day after the day after a workout is usually my really stiff day, so I thought she might be hobbling around today. However, she had a good night's sleep and is walking very well today.

Ellie is back, with her typical mix of cuteness, affection, and general vexatiousness. Last night she was a bit trying, but this morning she has been quite good, especially for her.

Here's a cute Ellie thing. I promised to read a story to her before bed last night, but she was so tired when bedtime came that I just laid her down instead. At 4:30am, she was crying. When I went to check on her, she said, "You didn't pick me up and read me a story!" She seemed genuinely upset about it (as opposed to just manipulative) so I grabbed a copy of Goodnight Gorilla and we had a short story. It ends with everyone going to sleep, and Ellie was happy to do the same after that.