Jump to main column content

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

All abuzz


For about a week, I've had a buzzing in my right ear. It sounds sort of like cello or string bass playing 2 octaves below middle C. I went to the doctor, and she says my ears are full of water (on the inside). From allergies I suppose, but it seems to be taking a long time to improve and my allergies don't seem that bad. It doesn't usually hurt, and it is often very quiet and unobtrusive. There's generally enough white noise at work that I don't hear it much.

In fact for a couple of days, I thought there was just some new noise at home. Like construction equipment being run over the hill somewhere and only the low frequencies carried to my house. I was tempted to throw all of the circuit breakers in the house to see if something in the house was making the noise, but Linda convinced me that it was all in my head. Apparently it really was.

Ahh, warmth


Linda is enjoying the warm weather. Actually she was enjoying the warm weather until it turned cold today. That chill blast really made us realize how nice the weather had been.