Jump to main column content

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Ellie's first concert


Ellie had a Christmas concert tonight at the Lutheran church. She was so excited she nearly exploded I think. I don't know how much she actually sang. Some. She seemed to be torn between making faces and singing. I recognized immediately that this is a trait she inherited from me and not from Linda.

Linda came. We brought her wheelchair since it makes everything go faster. Otherwise we'd have a long slow walk, and it's a slope (either up or down) most of the way. Still there was some walking, since the parking lot is gravel and there are no cutouts in the sidewalk curbs. So she had to walk at least to the sidewalk (on gravel in the dark). Except for complaining, I don't think was that bad.

It could have been harder if we had been a bit later. Lutherans seem not to be able to distinguish colors and symbols, at least when they are parking their cars in front of the blue signs with the wheelchair symbol on them (or parking so close as to make those spaces unusable).

The concert was taped by the local TV station. I'll have to get a copy to show to Ellie's boyfriends when she's 16.