Jump to main column content

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Contact lenses


Linda has worn her contact lenses twice this week. She wore them for about an hour the first time (Monday I think) and planned to extend the time a bit as she gets used to them. She tells me that she wore them again today, but I didn't ask for how long.

Contrary to what some people expected, Linda did not have trouble putting them in despite being less coordinated than she used to be and having gone without for so long. She did say that she sometimes still has a bit of double vision when look upward, but looking forward and down are fine. It gets better each time she wears them.

Getting her lenses out turned out to be a bit more challenging than getting them in, and she says it took about 10 minutes.

Tired



We're all a bit tired this week. Ellie is going to morning care at the same place as pre-school. They keep her very busy, I can tell, because she comes home tired. Linda is often tired, just because life is hard. I'm tired because I don't go to bed like I should. It's really hard to do practical work-like stuff (like grading) until Ellie goes to bed. So I start things late.

Halloween


I almost forgot to say that Halloween was fun. Ellie and I went trick-or-treating on campus. We only did Centennial Hall, but that was enough. Enough for me anyway. She was ready to keep on going.

I saw a few students I knew. Ellie got a great variety of candy, and she was pretty good. She was quite pretty as Cinderella, and remembered to say Thank you, some of the time. Just as we arrived, we ran into Ellie's friend Clara, who was also Cinderella. So it was twin Cinderellas all around Centennial.