Jump to main column content

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

50 first dates


Linda and I watched 50 First Dates tonight. we've talked about it for some time, but hadn't gotten out to rent it. The movie was very intriguing because it is about a woman (Lucy) without the ability to record short-term memories. We knew a really nice girl with the same problem when we were at Rusk.

I'm glad I didn't take Linda to see it in the theater. Every time Lucy's character had the disappointment of learning about her brain injury Linda would start weeping and I had to pause the DVD. Since Lucy doesn't remember from day to day, that scene played out numerous times in the movie.

Other than that, the movie was pretty sweet. It would normally be a favorite, I think. But I doubt Linda can watch it without crying, so we probably won't rent it again, at least not for quite a while.