Jump to main column content

Monday, May 31, 2004

Homework results



We had pretty good success with getting up off the floor. That's not the same as saying Linda can get up on her own, but I would say it was better than when we tried it at Rusk. And Linda succeeded at something that will make Fred cheer. She successfully got into the "all fours" position (i.e. crawling). She's never even gotten close without being reduced to tears. I asked her how it felt, and she said she wanted to panic. I asked her why, and she said "future pain." It didn't hurt, but she was afraid it was going to.

We also did her dowel exercises, a shower, and managed to get her in bed by 10pm.


On a totally unrelated note, I snipped 4 very fragrant blooms from my roses in the back yard yesterday, two yellow and two sort of purple. My timing was perfect. About an hour later that hail storm came through and would have demolished them. I'm such a sucker for those roses. I'm not usually much of a plant person, but I really like them for some reason.