Jump to main column content

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Tragedy and comedy


Tragedy


Linda's car has a boo-boo. Marilyn fell asleep just north of La Plata, crossed the yellow line and put Linda's car in the ditch on the other side. Luckily, none of the oncoming traffic hit her. As I understand, the car was drivable, but the front bumper and fenders are damaged, probably from bouncing into the ground hard. Marilyn and Ellie were fine, although Ellie was pretty scared. And yes, I was just tormenting you by describing the car first, which I can do because everything seems to be OK.

Linda didn't seem too upset, but it will be some time before she can drive a car anyway. When she can, she'll probably do better with a newer car that is easier to drive.

Comedy


This morning the nurses out in the hall were goofing around. One of them in a mock helpless voice said, "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!"

Linda looked at me with a crooked smile and said, "That's not funny." Boy did we laugh. She knows first hand actually--we practiced on Monday, and she can't get up (yet).