Jump to main column content

Friday, September 02, 2005

Hard day


It's a hard day when your husband drives to work forgetting that your wheelchair is in the trunk. Linda trudged on anyway. She even made pancakes for herself this morning. Unfortunately it was a bit harder and she burned them. She told me later, I was so tired, I ate them anyway. I just put lots of syrup on them.

We went out for dinner tonight with friends. Linda used her walker so she would feel more independent. That was fine, but we missed somehow sitting down and she slid off the slick chair to the floor (gently). Needless to say, it made a scene, but we laughed. Later when Linda and I were recapping what happened, I told her that I was not thinking quickly enough. Otherwise when everybody turned to look, I could have yelled, Come on everyone! Let's Twister!

That idea still makes me laugh.