Jump to main column content

Friday, August 19, 2005

Lots of little updates


We watched Regarding Henry last night. It had come up once during therapy, and the therapists then commented about laughing at the inaccuracies. Being something of therapy old-timers now, we laughed at a lot of it too. It's still a nice story. Update: Linda would like me to add, just for the record, that Fred never said, I gotta get me some o' dat. Not even once.

My dishwasher broke yesterday. The door handle on it snapped. Luckily it broke in the open position, because you have to have the door open to take it apart. I'm feeling pretty good about the fact that I successfully removed the handle mechanism, got a $7 replacement part from the Maytag store in town, and reassembled things. It works again. Go Don.

Ellie and I went to March of the Penguins tonight. I didn't think she would watch all of it, but when the baby penguins came on she perked up some and stayed to the end.

We have a new bed. It's as hard as Linda's hospital bed, though not as lumpy. She really likes it, and I'm still adjusting. It's so high you almost have to climb into it. It is much easier for her to roll over and get up and so forth with a hard bed. She said it also makes her back feel better. We didn't want the bed to get lonely, so we got a dinner table too. It's a good thing stuff was reasonably priced (i.e. on sale).