Jump to main column content

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Again?


Can you get hand foot and mouth disease more than once? It seems that you can. I guess Ellie gets to spend the day with me today.

Lineman


There are 3 CAT-5 cables running from the wiring box in Ellie's closet. What that means in English is that there should be 3 computer network ports in our house. I could only find two, no matter how had I looked.

Over the weekend, I borrowed the line finder from telephone services. This is a kind of radio receiver they use to trace telephone wires under ground. It was pretty interesting to use. I could actually follow the lines through the wall pretty successfully.

It turns out that there is network cabling run to Ellie's room, but the never put the end on. I found the unterminated CAT-5 in the wall behind the cable TV jack.

Therapy


Linda had really good therapy yesterday. Not sure why. She told her speech therapists that she's getting really bored. I can only say I'm surprised it has taken this long. I was bored with speech therapy back at Rusk. It is so tedious. They had a conference and talked about broadening the activities and skills she works on.

It was my task to dig up a copy of wicked Z words that I prepared some time ago. For fun, I took Linda through the set. She is quite improved from when I created the list. She said it's still hard though.