Jump to main column content

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas day


Today is a quiet day for us. We opened some gifts this morning. Ellie explored everything this morning. Then we watched a few new (to us) Zorro episodes which I found online for Linda. This afternoon, Ellie helped me do dishes. She really is no help at all. The Maytag folks will be out Tuesday to work on the dishwasher. That's good, because I really hate doing the dishes.

Ellie finally agreed to a nap. By the time I actually get her to lie down I'm usually beat. It's just the same today.

Linda suggested that for supper tonight we order in. I suggested that we could go out and there would be no dishes to do. She thought about that for a while, but she just informed me, "I looked in the mirror. I don't want to go out." She's still pretty banged up from falling on her face the other day. I can't really blame her for wanting to stay in. People notice her a lot as it is.

Hopefully Ellie will stay asleep for a while, and I can do some grading. I know we still have a few days, but I'd like to get it behind me.