Jump to main column content

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Calming down


I got a very nice distraction about 1:00am last night, which helped me quit thinking about bills for a bit. Ellie threw up on herself. Luckily Linda had heard her crying before it happened. She flipped the lights in my end of the house (via remote) and I came to check on her. It was over pretty quick. Then I changed her sheets and her clothes and put her back to bed. I let her sleep in a bit this morning and took her to day care a bit late after it seemed clear she was better.

I spent this morning sending letters. I believe the insurance people got 3 (one was just something that had to be in writing--not complicated). The collectors, who haven't called (though I have a voicemail message in with a "manager"), got one. And I paid a real bill that did apparently burn up in that mail truck fire.

The doc suggested that I collect my documentation about Ellie's blood test and take it to an attorney. That will mean more going through taped phone calls--a bit tedious. I haven't started that yet.

Linda and I had lunch out, where we ran into friends who encouraged me to grouse about my woes. And this afternoon, I am actually feeling pretty relaxed.