Jump to main column content

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Why does everything get screwed up at the same time? And why is it always on the weekend when offices are closed? The only time I have ever needed to stop payment on a check, and it's Saturday. I have to stew over it until Monday.

I thought I would quick run the dishwasher before I took Ellie out this afternoon. Linda had declared a desire to go nowhere. She is tired of being on display. When I started the dishes, there was a very loud noise. My best guess is that a plastic straw from one of Ellie's sippy cups went down into the food chopper and gummed it up. In any event, the dishwasher will fill with water, it will empty, but it will not wash.

I'd use paper plates until I can get it fixed, but I forgot to take the garbage out on Wednesday and I don't have any space left in my trash bin. I do have a burn barrel out back, so I suppose they aren't really out of the question.